Chapters of MyBook

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fuckin Perfect (Pink)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkshHySfRD8

http://www.word-detective.com/2008/04/11/pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top/
Excerpt:
“Pretty please” is a phrase used, as the Oxford English Dictionary notes,”in emphatically polite or imploring request[s].” “Pretty please with sugar on top” is Extra Strength Pretty Please, deployed by children and desperate adults in an appeal for cooperation when all other entreaties have failed.
Plain old “please” used in requests (”Please send money”) is an adverb, based on the verb “to please” meaning “to be agreeable or pleasant,” derived from the Latin “placere” (”to be pleasant”). The “request” use of “please” probably originated as a shortened form of the phrase “if it pleases you [to do whatever].”
“Pretty” primarily means, of course, “attractive,” and is rooted in the Old English “praettig,” which meant “clever.” In the 16th century, “pretty” came into use as an adverb meaning “to a considerable extent” (”Bob’s pretty sick”) or, as an adjective, “substantial” (”That boat must have cost a pretty penny”). In the phrase “pretty please,” “pretty” functions as an intensifier, ratcheting up the strength of the “please” to signify that the speaker really, really wants whatever it is they’re asking for. “With sugar on top” turns the urgency dial up to eleven.
The earliest citation in the Oxford English Dictionary for “pretty please” is from 1913, and the earliest for “pretty please with sugar on top” is from 1973. But my guess is that “with sugar on top” actually arose much earlier, at least by the 1950s. While sprinkling sugar on food has a long history, it was in the 1950s when ready-made sugar-coated breakfast cereal became popular, and the phrase may have been spawned then in imitation of advertising (”Ask Mom for Choco-Balls — the ones with with sugar on top!”) for such wholesome fare.
“Pretty please with sugar on top” was always a bit excessive coming from a child, and on the lips of an adult is often meant as sarcasm, as in Quentin Tarantino’s film Pulp Fiction, where a character says, “I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the [bleeping] car.”

http://www.metrolyrics.com/fuckers-everywhere-lyrics-oxymoron.html
Excerpt:
[Chorus:]
There's fuckers everywhere.
It's them who make me sneer.

I got no money so I went begging,
they told me to go away.
'cause lazy dogs like me should all be gased, was all they said.
But once when I was out looking for a job, they eyed me mockingly.
I was not the one they were out for the guy excused.
Sent home again.

In the streets you meet them everyday.

[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/fuckers-everywhere-lyrics-oxymoron.html ]

You need your own defense.
But people still are worrying
why I sneer, they'll never understand.
At school and work they pulled you down with fucked up politics.
The same bunch constitutes out government, i hope they'll pay.

Stand By Me (John Lennon w/lyrics)  ....my personal fave ...cal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KsemcYtF7E&feature=related

Woman John Lennon w/lyrics in Spanish & English
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgPwCN0NAAE

Respect Aretha Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DZ3_obMXwU

Respect Lyrics

Aretha Franklin Respect










What you want (hooo) baby I got it
What you need (hooo) you know I got it
(Hooo) all I'm asking (hooo) is for a little respect
( Just a little bit) when you come home
(Just a little bit) hey baby ( Just little bit)
When you come home ( Just a Little Bit) Mister
I ain't gonna do you wrong while you're gone
I ain't gonna do you wrong 'cause I don't wanna
All I'm asking is for a little respect when you come home
(Just a Little Bit) Baby ( Just a little bit )
When you come home ( Just a little Bit) Yeah
I'm about to give you all my money
And all I'm asking in return honey
Is to give me my propers when you get home
(Justa Justa Justa) Yeah baby when you get home
( Just a little Bit ) Yeah ( Just a little bit )
Hooo your kisses sweeter than honey and guess what so is my money
All I want you to do for me is give it to me whn you get home
( Re re re re spect) Yeah baby whip it to me
( Just a little bit) when you get home now ( Just a little bit)
R-E-S-P-E-C-T find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Take care, TCB ohhhh (Sock it to me,etc.)
A little respect oh yeah ( Just a little bit)
A little respect ( Just a little Bit)

No comments:

Post a Comment